Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To nice to leave








Hot showers, beautiful scenery, plenty of firewood to scrounge, a general store and several fishing spots. I had to stay an extra day. I even had one nibble while fishing.

Great Blue Heron, Sand Crane, Ducks, Geese and much more wild life kept me company along with my new friend I met at the laundry facility the day before.

That evening I had a great conversation with the gentleman. He told me a lot about the location of different points of interest in the area. We also talked about the general lack of motels and campgrounds in the area.

After showing him the path I had laid out for the following morning he said I would be going right past the eagle's nest. I couldn't miss it because of all the signs. Apparantly, last year the eagles had one eaglet and people were coming for miles around and totally blocking traffic. There would be no parking signs everywhere.

He said goodnight and went to talk to a couple that were using a kayak to get to garbage that had washed up on parts of the beach that were inaccesible by walking. I was told they were a couple of park volunteers who on their own, kept the hard to reach places of the park pristine.

I was very impressed by the effort made by these two volunteers and wondered how many more there might be. They go nameless but I thank them for the beauty and serenity I had during the two days at Wabasis County Park. There are a lot of "Great Americans" doing the little things that we don't even know about that keep our standard of living a little bit higher.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment