Friday, May 7, 2010

My gal is on her way




Sleeping was intermittent. I don't particulary like "commando camping" and I also was excited about spending the day with my wife.

I got off to an early start Monday, May 3rd with anticipation of Diane's arrival. I had about 5 plus miles to go to reach our agreed upon meeting spot. She had Amy come in early to run her business and she was leaving home around 8:15 a.m. I figured she had about a two and a half hour drive to reach me and I had a two and a half hour walk to reach her.

The last three miles of the Rouge was pleasant enough and the good weather this morning made for a pleasant hike.

I reached our agreed upon destination and called Diane. She was about fifteen minutes out so I rested in the grass at the intersection awaiting her arrival.

She had told me that she had the youngest three grand children on Saturday for the whole day and night. She was still feeling very tired as she had gotten little sleep on Saturday night and had to be up at 5:00 this morning to open the business.

Diane arrived and I joined her in the car. She was hesitant to kiss me with my woodsy odor and unkempt appearance. I was told that she would make up for it later after I showered and brushed my teeth.

My beard makes her almost as uncomfortable as does the length of my hair. I guess she isn't into the manly man look.

We stopped outside of Newaygo and had breakfast. The server told us about a local motel and after breakfast we went to the motel.

We arrived about 1:00 p.m. The clerk let us check in right away. I took a shower and began unpacking and preparing my gear for the laundry mat. Diane did give me a kiss before falling asleep by 1:30.

Not to complain but I do have to point out that I hiked 17 miles yesterday and over 5 today so I could be with her and watching her sleep was not what I had anticipated. At least there wasn't a McDonalds involved this time.

Diane got moving and laundry, re-supply and dinner filled the rest of the day. Well, part of it anyway. I went to sleep with a contented smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment