Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Going Home

The hiking part of the quest is on hiatus. I will begin again just east of Marshall, Michigan around the 15th of April, 2010. I thought putting in the full date would make it official. No backing out now.

Other events in my life continue to interest me and hopefully you.

Diane picked me up on Saturday and we spent a pleasant evening in Marshall. We had dinner and went to a movie. We went back to the room and enjoyed the rest of our evening.

We were up bright and early Sunday morning. I had decided I needed to go back to the little church in Lyon. A very nice couple, Mr. and Mrs. Bob Sebring, had invited me back after Thursday's service. Bob had reminded me of a very special friend who had passed a few years ago and that helped me to make up my mind to say yes. Once I tell someone I am going to do something I think they can bank on it.

We arrived very early at 9:15 a.m. for the Lyon Church service. The reason it was so early is that Pastor Tom had another service this morning at his Homer Church.

Pastor Tom is a wonderful man who has a heart for people and the Lord. He believes he is right where the Lord wants him. He loves the small town churches. It really was wonderful to listen to his sermon and his passion that the Christian Churches of different denominations share ministries. If we all worked together what a difference it would make! I must admit that I take his philosophy one step farther.

Would it not be wonderful if all godly men and women of all faiths would stand up for God's way and work together for the common good? There are God's people in all religions.

When Diane and I arrived we were immediately greeted by Bob and his wife. They introduced us to several people and made us feel welcome.

Shortly after the service had started Bob asked Pastor Tom to introduce me to the church and to give my testimony. I went to the pulpit and asked Pastor Tom how much time I could "bore" his congregation. I decided I better keep it to around five minutes.

I loved talking to the people in such a small, beautiful and intimate church. I felt the Holy Spirit give me the words and I felt that my testimony touched many of the people. Diane told me later that she had tears during much of my talk.

After the service a very confident and competent lady introduced herself to Diane and I. She was wonderful to talk to and invited us to stay with her family when I reached St. Ignace which was her second home.

Time to go home. Sunday was the Miller Family Dinner at my daughter Cyndee's house. The dinner was scheduled for 5:00 p.m. Diane was going to a Bridal Show with my daughter Sandi, my daughter Tina and her husband Anthony. I went to Cyndee's.

I arrived around 1:30 and was greeted by my granddaughter Brianna. Brianna has been one of the best things in my life as she likes to hang out with the old "Pepa" as she calls me. She loves to tease and torture me. We always have a great time. The rest of the family arrived by 4:45 and snacks, fun and love began.

We celebrated two of my granddaughter's birthdays, Adriana and Brianna. We also celebrated Diane's birthday. When you have six children and nine grandchildren there is always a lot to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Ed:

    Looking forward to you continuing your journey.

    You are in my prayers. Be safe.

    I love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always love you as well.

    ReplyDelete